We’re delighted to confirm that Switch Gym will be reopening on Wednesday 2nd December in line with the lifting of lockdown restrictions. Gym members can now prebook their gym visits once again via the FitSense app.
We do have a few guidelines to help us to keep all our staff and customers safe at this time and would ask everyone to kindly observe these simple rules:
- Please do not visit the gym if you have tested positive for coronavirus or are experiencing any of the signs or symptoms, which are:
- a high temperature : this means you feel hot to touch on your check or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough : this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell of taste different to normal.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, current advice is to get a test as soon as possible and stay at home until you get the result. More information is available from the NHS at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Please pre-book your gym session via the FitSense app and only attend your booked session if you have received a confirmation of your booking. You may only train individually or with members of your family or social bubble.
- Please wear a mask when arriving at the gym.
- Please arrive in good time for your gym session and be ready to train. No bags should be brought in or left in the changing rooms and note that showers and lockers are currently unavailable.
- On arrival at the gym premises, please wait outside and keep the staircase clear to allow others to leave. You will be invited to enter the gym when it has been prepared and sanitised in readiness for your session.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on entry to the gym.
- Gym members must use the antibacterial spray provided to clean down equipment after each use.
- Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to – please observe the floor markings.
- Please bring your own full bottle of water and do not drink from the water faucet.
- When you have finished, please leave promptly at the end of your scheduled session to enable sanitising and preparation for the next session.
- If you have any enquiries, please email the gym at firstname.lastname@example.org and do not attend in person.
- Non-members who wish to visit must email email@example.com ahead to book their session and only attend if confirmation is received.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Switch Gym in December. If you have any questions, then please get in touch.
Switch Gym – Friendly & Professional
Welcome to the Switch Gym website and thank you for taking the time to look through our facilities.
We are an independent gym run by two friends who have over 20 years combined experience in the fitness industry. We wanted to provide people with a clean well equipped gym that was affordable to everyone making sure that cost was not a prohibiting factor to getting people fitter.
With all the equipment that you could need to get a great workout and highly motivated and qualified fitness professionals to help and guide you along the way, your goals are now closer to being reach than ever before.
Whether you want to increase your fitness, improve your muscle tone, gain a thinner more active you or increase your size and strength, we have the team and equipment to help you do it all in a fun friendly atmosphere.
Try Before You Buy!
We’re confident that you’re going to love our friendly gym and we’d like to invite you to come along and see for yourself.
Special Offers & Latest News!
Our opening hours over the Christmas period will be: Thursday 24th December : 7.15am - 3.30pm Christmas Day : Closed Boxing Day : Closed Sunday 27th December : 8am - 5pm Monday (Bank Holiday) : 7.15am - 3.30pm Tuesday 29th December : 6am - 9pm Wednesday 30th December...read more
We’re delighted to confirm that Switch Gym will be reopening on Wednesday 2nd December in line with the lifting of lockdown restrictions. Gym members will be able to prebook their gym visits once again via the FitSense app from Thursday 26th November. We do have a few...read more
We're delighted to announce that from the beginning of March we'll be open from 6am Monday to Friday! Let's get those early workouts in!read more
Latest Features & Articles
Is protein really bad for your kidneys? Switch Gym’s Chris Patch investigates. As you may well know, we are very keen on Protein and making sure that people are getting enough of it. So when this headline hit, I needed to investigate it. As a type 1 Diabetic, my...read more
So if ab exercises are of very little use (unless you have managed to strip fat down first), why do we still see people doing planks and other exercises? In one word CORE, The "core muscles," are the muscles responsible for giving us strength and stability when...read more
You can do hours and hours of ab circuits but the harsh reality is if you're not lean enough then you simply won't see them. This is where the phrase 'abs are made in the kitchen' comes from. Unfortunately spot reducing fat isn't possible so ab workouts won’t 'tone...read more